Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Barack Raises Hand Thus Lifts A Nation

What is about to become the American history is Barack Obama’s inauguration that takes place today January 20th, 2009, on the steps of the Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. Barack will take oath of office to assume the US presidency as the 44th US president. His march to the presidency has shattered all records: less time ascending to the highest public office; highest campaign fundraising; highest crowd during campaign stops; outstanding presidential election victory; highest inauguration ceremony expense bill; and record number of inauguration’s crowd.

Expectations are so high, from US nationals as well as world communities; I hope his advisors will manage them with care throughout this earlier stage. He, himself, already begun talking to the American citizens in a way that prepares them to be patients with everything his administration will try to do to lead the country out of the mess it is in. In his own words, he has reminded them that, as he tries, the steep is so deep and the climb might be slow but we will get there.

I did not get a chance to witness this event with my presence, but I watched the CNN coverage live online. A crowd of between one and two millions is expected into Washington to watch Obama take the oath of office. This is a staggering number of people as it has been throughout his journey to become the first African American president of the United States of America.

As Mr. Obama is sworn in office, I am sure, he is well aware of what awaits him starting this day one. He is inheriting a country in shambles, an ailing economy, uncertainties in mind of people, and two unpopular wars. He has put together his administration cabinet with care and everyone has agreed of the choice he has made. The question that remained is; will it deliver to the expectations of the whole world? I mean the whole world because his election has been welcomed with great enthusiasm throughout the world.

I take this moment to congratulate and wish him well. May our fore-fathers grant him the wisdom to lead us and preserve our union, a union that unites us not by blood but by common principles that are based on freedom, liberty and justice for all.

No comments: